Application & Data Platform Engineer
Company: James Avery Artisan Jewelry
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: March 15, 2023
The Application & Data Platform Engineer is responsible for the
administration and availability of business-critical applications
and data platforms and automating repetitive administration
activities. Administration includes life cycle management,
patching, configuration management, and operational support for
business applications and data platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Ensures 99.99% availability and provides operational support
for E-Business Suite applications and other middleware applications
such as Tomcat, Jetty, WebLogic, and IIS.
- Ensures effective performance and maintains 99.99% availability
of the critical database systems such as Oracle, MySQL, and
Microsoft SQL server.
- Plans and performs life cycle management of databases and
applications for proper vendor support compliance and to take
advantage of new features.
- Builds and provides operational support for enterprise job
scheduling platform and E-Business Suite concurrent
- Provides root cause analysis for production incidents and
permanently resolves issues.
- Develops and implements CI/CD pipelines to automate code
deployment and testing.
- Leverages tools and develops custom scripts for proactive alert
management of business-critical jobs and functions.
- Provides Information Security activities, including patch
management, vulnerability management, incident management, and
security and compliance.
- Ensures the database and applications are synchronized to DR
environments in real time and immutable offsite backups are
- Automates regular repetitive administrative tasks like cloning,
- Designs, automates and documents operational processes, tasks,
and configuration management.
- Keeps business partners informed of the progress of outstanding
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
or similar discipline; or equivalent combination of
- Five years of experience administering RDBMS databases
including Oracle, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Five years of experience in administering Oracle E-Business
Suite applications and other middleware applications such as
WebLogic, Tomcat, and Jetty.
- Strong experience in troubleshooting complex system issues
using a systematic approach.
- Proficiency in tracing Oracle database sessions and processes
using 10046, ASH, and AWR.
- Experience in backup and recovery of Oracle database using
- Experience in implementing and testing disaster recovery plans
for critical Oracle databases and E-Business Suite Applications
using Oracle Data Guard, snapshot standby, Autoconfig, and custom
- Experience in running databases and applications in cloud
infrastructure such as Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Experience in working in Agile methodology and using CI/CD
- Strong experience in SQL, PL/SQL, Shell/Bash scripting, python,
Ansible, Git, Jenkins.
- Experience in other RDBMS databases such as Postgres.
- Experience in provisioning databases using Terraform.
- Kafka and other data streaming platforms.
Keywords: James Avery Artisan Jewelry, Cedar Park , Application & Data Platform Engineer, Engineering , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...