Site-Reliability Engineer II
Company: Cox Automotive
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: November 19, 2023
About the Team
This Site-Reliability Engineer II will be part of the Consumer &
Marketing Solutions Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. The
SRE team is an innovative team devoted to providing automated
solutions and services for Kelly Blue Book and Autotrader at Cox
Automotive to measure, evaluate and plan for visible, reliable
application delivery and maintenance.
About the Position
As a member of the SRE team, you will bring a collaborative style
in leading efforts that raise the maturity levels of the
engineering practices across all agile teams delivering our
products. The tools and use-cases are diverse, and our challenge is
to increase the development velocity by optimizing various parts of
the pipeline and increase application stability. Much of our
software development focuses on optimizing existing systems by
measuring elasticity and saturation, building infrastructure
through IAC, and eliminating /reducing toil through automation. We
also look to instill core SRE practices into the engineering teams
including measuring SLIs/SLOs, increasing visibility/observability
through monitoring tools, guide chaos engineering efforts in order
to improve overall resiliency, and lead Gameday/Production
Readiness reviews across all engineering disciplines. We are
looking for engineers who are passionate about automation and
owning best practices facilitated by SRE principles to build
scalable and highly reliable applications.
If you love to figure out how all the pieces are put together and
if automation and building tools to monitor and manage your
applications sounds interesting to you, we want to talk to you!
As a Site-Reliability Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
- Have a natural tendency to avoid toil and want to automate it
- Automate anything and everything! (testing, deploying,
- Take complex and not maybe well-defined problem and come up
with a technically reasonable solution.
- Take ownership of processes or solutions that can be shared
across teams globally.
- Build and rollout solutions to be consumed by multiple
- Have innate curiosity about how things work.
- Design and assist in the authoring of software tools that
reliably manage application delivery & performance.
- Design and assist in the setup and maintenance of application
monitoring and alerting.
- Engage with product/capability engineering teams to ensure best
practices are implemented.
- Improve predictability and reliability of software releases,
workflows, and operating software.
- Reduce application deployment windows by leading engineering
teams towards a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Reduce mean time to recovery (MTTR) by helping troubleshoot,
monitor, alert, and automating recovery.
- Facilitate Gamedays and Production Readiness reviews to
continue increasing resiliency in our applications.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting
large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug, optimize code, and automate routine
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective
communication skills and a sense of drive
- Understanding of Linux/Windows operating systems
- Experience with Python or PowerShell or related scripting
- Experience with configuration management systems (Spinnaker,
Chef, Puppet, or Ansible)
- Experience rolling out highly available, mission-critical
- Experience with version control systems (Git or SVN) and
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (Amazon AWS,
Kubernetes, Heroku, etc)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, GitHub
Actions, CircleCI, TeamCity, etc), Artifactory (or Nexus)
- Experience with Database Server infrastructure (RDS, Aurora,
DynamoDB, MySQL, Postgres, etc)
- Experience with agile development, continuous integration and
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or
- Excellent written communication, problem solving, and process
- Desire to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing, dynamic
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their
passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the
way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the
industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue
Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis
on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and
join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing
so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations
across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare,
our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox
Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to
make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox
provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified
applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations
would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Cedar Park , Site-Reliability Engineer II, Engineering , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!