Manager, Business Administration
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: September 18, 2022
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. Our store management team has the privilege to lead,
manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store
results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100%
leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business
forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store
management team puts you on a fast-track to career success. Job
Overview: The Manager, Business Administration leads the essential
activities and colleagues that drive At Your Service and Stores
business processes that allow Macy's Stores to successfully run.
The role focuses on establishing Customer Service standards for the
At Your Service destination in stores, as well as the human
resources functions such as interviewing and hiring, as well as
staffing and scheduling to ensure the Store runs smoothly.
Additionally, this position handles store operations and
administrative functions such as budgets and cash office functions.
Performs other duties as assigned. Essential Functions:
- Lead At Your Service front of house staff, including customer
service and support, product pick-up, returns, bill pay, etc.
- Lead functions of the hiring process including developing
efficiencies in prescreening applicants, corresponding with
applicants, interviewing, selecting the best talent and coaching
peers in all aspects of hiring.
- Key stakeholder in the TA process, responsible for ensuring job
postings are maintained, appropriately and filled in a timely
- Lead the colleague onboarding process, to ensure a rapid
learning curve, raising engagement of new higher and lower turnover
- Direct strategies to lead new hire orientation and training
sessions as needed.
- Manage non-payroll supply budgets logs and balance store
checkbook; review seasonal payroll/non-payroll budgets.
- Strategize with other Store Leaders on Staffing and Scheduling
workforce solutions to ensure the Store is being led efficiently.
Manage all post-production schedule changes for the store.
- Coach, motivate and develop Store Colleagues to reach their
fullest potential and use strategies to optimize productivity and
- Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
- Administer any discipline and coaching as needed.
- Utilize review process as a tool for Colleague talent
development, promotion and advancement.
- Lead team responsible for balancing the vault and perform other
cash functions on a daily basis; perform monthly cash office
- Direct team who will replenish and balance registers; leads
research and resolves cash shortage issues.
- Schedule, coordinate, and confirm work order completion by 3rd
- Act as the key store contact with Central Business Partners;
perform as liaison with systems team; submit and follow-up on work
orders as needed.
- Direct and organize weekly store recognition rallies; maintain
store bulletin board program to drive engagement.
- Administration of the Safety program and accident reporting
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one
and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal
and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret
instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Physical
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching,
crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to
perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register
and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs Candidates in Colorado: Click
here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits. Candidates in
Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range Candidates in Nevada: Click
here for Pay Range STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Cedar Park , Manager, Business Administration, Executive , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!