Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: January 26, 2023
* While this position is coded as Work From Home, candidates
must be in the Austin, TX market or willing to relocate*
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare,
we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity.
We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Nurse
Navigator WFH Hybrid today with Work from Home.
Work from Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
* Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
* Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
* Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
* Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
* Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
* 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking
* Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
* Colleague recognition program
* Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Nurse Navigator WFH Hybrid. We care for
our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues
donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Nurse Navigator for our practice who provides clerical
expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient
care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other
and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient
care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
* This position is work from home hybrid 2 days in office and 3
* Assists in the daily operations of the outpatient heart failure
* Maintains QC on equipment, crash cart and refrigerators.
* Monitors temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure in stress
MVO2 procedure room.
* Monitors telemetry and patient condition during outpatient stress
* Manages and monitors patients receiving infusions of inotropes in
clinic. Correctly calculates doses and confirms by second
* Administers medications to outpatients as ordered.
* Educates patients regarding heart failure, treatment,
medications, and palliative care options.
* Facilitates referral of patients for consultations with
Dietician, Social Services, Palliative care, Pharmacy, and
Cardiology as needed.
* Communicates with Advanced Practice Nurse and/or Cardiologist as
needed to provide optimal patient care.
* Performs 6 minute hall walk test with patients.
* Performs venipuncture to obtain blood samples, IV access, and
administration of medication.
* Rooms patients while obtaining routine V/S and completing a
review of systems.
* Documents patient treatment regularly and accurately according to
* Documents legible and concise entries in the medical record.
* Documents complete medical history on each patient on initial
session and updated medical record appropriately with each
* Performs medication reconciliation on each visit.
* Performs appropriate patient preparation for each visit and/or
* Assists with inpatient heart failure patient care
* Assist with identification of inpatients with heart failure
* Facilitate transfer of patients with advanced heart failure to
the heart failure POD.
* Identify patients who meet criteria for referral to heart failure
clinic and facilitate that referral and appointments.
* Provides education to inpatient heart failure patients.
* Collects data on inpatient heart failure patients.
* Follow-up phone calls to discharged heart failure patients within
72 hours of discharge.
* Ensures and documents scheduled appointment with home health
heart failure clinic, or cardiologist within 7 days of discharge
* Initiates advanced cardiac life support measures according to
SAMC protocols in the event of a cardiac emergency.
* Provides appropriate education to all patients.
* Teaches patients and families understanding, treatment and
management of cardiovascular disorders.
* Document patient's education, the patient's understanding and/or
a follow-up plan.
* Facilitates family participation in the teaching plan.
* Familiar with current standards of practice and clinical and
* Adheres to exercise protocols and responds to adverse reactions
* Makes recommendations to the heart failure nurse manager program
changes, updates or revisions to promote continuous quality
* Assists the heart failure staff in representing/promoting the
heart failure program to the community and hospital/medical
* Becomes familiar with the ACC/AHA guidelines of Heart
* Demonstrates effective communication and organizational skills,
and evidence of professional development.
* Promotes interdepartmental cooperation and acts as a liaison in
problem solving for assigned programs.
* Reacts appropriately to patient behavior.
* Maintains required certification and actively seeks further
development in the area of heart failure through the use of
hospital and outside resources.
* In a timely manner, clearly communicates identified problems with
the Heart failure nurse manager or patient problems with
appropriate referring physicians.
* Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned in the absence of
the nurse manager or supervisor.
* Maintains a flexible working schedule to allow for clinic
What Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an approved school for registered nurses and current
license to practice nursing in the state of Texas. Advanced cardiac
life support (ACLS) certification preferred. Certification as a
heart failure nurse preferred (CHFN)
* Minimal 2 years experience as a RN with 1-2 years experience
working with cardiac patients, preferably on a telemetry unit or
coronary care unit. Has been directly involved in education to and
care of the patient with coronary heart disease, including heart
* Current license to practice nursing in the State of Texas
* BLS required per policy
* ACLS preferred per policy
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment,
practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist
integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than
1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA
Healthcare's graduate medical education leader. We provide
direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship
programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These
solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We
support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Nurse
Navigator WFH Hybrid opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA, Cedar Park , Nurse Navigator, Healthcare , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!