Registered Nurse Acute Inpatient Overflow
Company: St. David's Medical Center
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Description Introduction Do you want to be appreciated daily?
Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic
for patients. At St. David's Medical Center our nurses set us apart
from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Registered
Nurse Float Pool to join our healthcare family. Benefits St.
David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. At St. David's Medical Center, our nurses
play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is
unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in
nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes
it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their
life - for life - and empowers their passion for patient care.
Apply today for our Registered Nurse Float Pool opportunity. Job
Summary and Qualifications As a Float Pool Registered Nurse, you
will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing
a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member
of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively
with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of
- You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the
patient's response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for
- You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team
to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the
patient's needs and goals
- You will administer medications and complete treatments
according to hospital policy
- You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in
accordance with standards of practice
- You will provide pre- and post-operative patient care
- You will provide education materials to patients and families
on care and treatments
- You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the
care team Experience
- 2 years of recent clinical nursing experience as a Registered
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)License and Certifications:
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered Nursing License.
- If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90
days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare
- NIHSS certification - required as per St. David's Healthcare
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification -
preferredThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved) St. David's Medical
Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas.
This300+ bed facilityfeatures a 24-hour emergency department,the
region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the
internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St.
David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute . The full scope of services
provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart
and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and
orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a
Bariatric Surgery Center . The facility is home to a60+ bed
rehabilitation hospitalproviding both inpatient and outpatient
comprehensive care.St. David's Medical Center is part of St.
David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems
in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.
David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between
HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits - St. David's Foundation
and Georgetown Health Foundation.HCA Healthcare has been recognized
as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "The great hospitals will always put the patient and the
patient's family first, and the really great institutions will
provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
individual." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join
a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are
interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse Float Pool
opening.Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team
will reach out. We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's Medical Center, Cedar Park , Registered Nurse Acute Inpatient Overflow, Healthcare , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...