Registered Nurse Emergency Department
Company: St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Description Introduction Are you passionate about the patient
experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for
patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Registered Nurse Emergency
Department today with St. David's North Austin Medical Center.
Benefits St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Registered Nurse Emergency Department.
We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our
colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable
organizations. Apply Today! Job Summary and Qualifications Job
SummaryAs an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you
will be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan
of care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned
patients. You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to
refine and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the
patient's physical condition, emotional and social needs.
- You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a
- You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection
related to medical and traumatic emergencies
- You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is
reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team
members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
- You will properly verify, document, and administer
- You will provide health care teaching to patients and families
along with appropriate documentation
- You will evaluate the patient's progression towards attainment
of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse
- Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program
AND/OR current enrollment in an Alternate Entry Master of Science
in Nursing (MSN) program or higher level education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferredLicenses and
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must
be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) OR Advanced Life
Support (ALS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
required within 6 months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Emergency Nursing
Pediatric Course (ENCP) certification - preferred
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification - preferredThis
role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved). St. David's North Austin
Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more
than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David's Children's
Hospital , St. David's Women's Center of Texas featuring a Level
III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for
Robotic Surgery . Additional services offered at this medical
center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care,
neurology and neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient
and outpatient surgery. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is
part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest
healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the
Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique
partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits - St.
David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. HCA Healthcare
has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by
the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA
Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery
of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "The great hospitals will always put the patient and the
patient's family first, and the really great institutions will
provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
individual." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Registered Nurse Emergency Department opening. We
promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Cedar Park , Registered Nurse Emergency Department, Healthcare , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...