Company: Urology Austin
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: March 16, 2023
At Urology Austin, our mission is committed to improving the
lives of patients and their families through compassionate,
quality, and ethical care.In choosing a career with Urology Austin,
you are choosing to improve the lives of patients and their
families through a collaborative team-driven approach in an
innovative, quality-driven, community-based setting. Better
Medicine. Better Care.Job Summary:The purpose of this position is
to, under direct supervision, maintain efficient patient flow,
assist with patient care and performs tasks assigned by physicians
and nurses. ----Responsibilities and Duties:---
- Escorts patients to the exam room or treatment room as
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including
but not limited to, vital signs, allergies, and medication
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by
- Assures appropriate consent has been obtained prior to
treatment or procedures.
- Conducts patient assessments and obtains pertinent medical
information for referral to the physician and/or nurse.
- Directs patients from the exam room to the next appropriate
station, i.e., treatment room or appointment desk.
- Prepares and stocks exam rooms, orders such supplies as needed
and maintains/controls drug samples.
- Assists physicians/nurses with exams and procedures as
- Performs lab procedures and processing of lab specimens as
needed. Files all labs and outside reports accurately and as
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in
accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Maintains all exam room disinfection protocols.
- Perform phlebotomy, including venipuncture and capillary
- Triages incoming patient telephone calls for referral to nurse
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as
required or directed by physicians and/or nurses.
- Practice Standard Precautions, including hand washing and
disposal of biohazardous materials.
- Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays,
- Maintains a clean work environment and restocks the supply area
- All other duties as assigned.Qualifications and Skills---:
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for
medical assistants preferred or LVN equivalent.
- Minimum of one year experience as a medical assistant or
nursing assistant or LVN in a hospital or clinic setting
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) or Licensed Vocational
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- Knowledge of medical practice and care to assist in giving
- Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
a safe work environment.
- Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments and medications
- Skill in taking vital signs.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication
skillsUrology Austin offers a competitive benefits package to
eligible employees. Below are some of the benefits you may receive
as an employee at Urology Austin.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) with Employer Contributions and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays, No WeekendsPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Urology Austin, Cedar Park , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...