Cath Lab Registered Nurse at St. David's Medical Center
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Cath Lab Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
St. David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David's Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurses path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Cath Lab Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Cath Lab, you will be responsible for nursing care and related assistance for adult and geriatric patients with a broad range of illnesses. You will handle assessment of patients, medication administration, direct and indirect patient care, circulating cases, scrubbing procedures and procedure documentation and monitoring.
* You will complete and document a patient assessment upon admission
* You will reassess and document changes in patient condition
* You will administer medications and monitor and document response
* You will monitor the patients overall status pre, during, and post procedure
* You will communicate any patient changes to the physician
* You will manage patients with a potentially life-threatening dysrhythmia or hemodynamic change via physician order by using medications and emergency equipment
* You will explain procedures to patients and assess their understanding
* 1 year of critical care and/or Cath Lab experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 3 years of critical care experience preferred
* 1 year of diagnostic or interventional Cath Lab experience preferred
* Associates degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. Davids Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility
Keywords: Confidential, Cedar Park , Cath Lab Registered Nurse at St. David's Medical Center, Healthcare , Cedar Park, Texas
here to apply!