Seasonal PICU Registered Nurse at St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. David's North Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Seasonal PICU Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
St. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At St. David's North Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurses path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life for life and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Seasonal PICU Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will ensure physician orders are noted and correctly transcribed
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will keep physicians and supervisors aware of significant information regarding the patient and family
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
What qualifications you will need:
* 2 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
If ADN, must complete BSN within 5 years from date of hire
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required as per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification preferred
* Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) certification preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with more th... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Cedar Park , Seasonal PICU Registered Nurse at St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Healthcare , Cedar Park, Texas
here to apply!