Pre Admission Testing Registered Nurse at St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Do you have the career opportunities as a Pre Admission Testing Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Pre-Admission Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for the management of the preadmission process for the patients scheduled for elective surgery and endoscopic procedure, radiology procedure, and other medical procedures ordered by qualified medical staff. The nurse assesses, plans and implements appropriate preoperative teaching and care.
* You will assess, plan, and implement age appropriate preoperative Patient/Family teaching and care needs.
* You will manage the patient's surgical admission process, including receive and initiate physician orders, coordinate diagnostic testing, and communicating pertinent patient scheduling information to nursing personnel, physicians, anesthesiologist and other are team members as appropriate.
* Minimum of 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in medical-surgical unit, post anesthesia unit, and/or surgery or same day surgery experience.
* Associates degree in Nursing (ADN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
, which is part of St. Davids HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the areas only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. Davids South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Cedar Park , Pre Admission Testing Registered Nurse at St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Healthcare , Cedar Park, Texas
here to apply!