Seasonal Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse at St. David's South Austin Medical Center
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Seasonal Med Surg Oncology Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Ready to accelerate your career into a surgical oncology specialty position? Well here is your opportunity to make a change! St. David's South Austin Medical Center offers a position on 6-South at our state-of-the-art surgical oncology unit. You will have a rare opportunity to expand your clinical knowledge of surgical oncology patients, with opportunities for chemotherapy administration. This unit will consist of 34 beds and will have the latest technology used throughout HCA.
As a Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will formulate a plan of care, revise the plan based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plan for effectiveness
* You will consult and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to develop, evaluate and revise the plan of care to meet the patients needs and goals
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
* You will provide pre- and post-operative patient care
* You will provide education materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will facilitate discharge plans in collaboration with the care team
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. Da... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Cedar Park , Seasonal Surgical Oncology Registered Nurse at St. David's South Austin Medical Center, Healthcare , Cedar Park, Texas
here to apply!