Customer Service Professional, 401K Department, Austin TX
Company: Charles Schwab
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Position Type: Regular
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees
in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to
work - whether that's in the office or remote.
* Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the
office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder
* When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees
will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending
some time working remote and some time in the office.
* Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for
them, with additional flexibility available based on their role,
business needs, and individual circumstances.
* Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current
environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of
As a member of the Participant Services team, you will speak with
participants of employer-sponsored retirement plans by phone to
provide guidance and solutions. This is a team-based environment as
you have one-on-one interactions with employees of Schwab sponsored
plans. The Associate will build knowledge and skills with ongoing
classroom and hands-on training to become a subject matter
authority on retirement products and services. Throughout your time
in the role you will:
* Complete a mix of instructor-led classroom training and
on-the-job-learning in your first year.
* Grow your knowledge of the financial services industry and
Schwab's unrivaled position.
* Perform in a fast-paced, inbound service center environment
representing Schwab in every interaction.
* Consult with participants in retirement plans to identify needs
and offer solutions.
* Care enough to ask the difficult questions knowing that just one
question, the right question, can change a participant's
* Work toward career advancement and development opportunities.
What you are good at
Our goal is that through providing best-in-class service, you are
able to earn the trust and dedication of our participants. Some of
the unrivaled aspects about this role and the support you receive
to achieve this include non-scripted calls and focus on providing
you tailored feedback and mentoring. We want you to bring your
personality to your calls and invest in your development to help
achieve participant satisfaction.
Throughout these conversations you will:
* Educate participants: Engage participants in discussions
involving retirement savings and long term investing.
* Provide a compass that points toward doing right by participants
at every opportunity to change their future.
* Use investigative skills: Resolve participant issues by using
technology and business authorities within Schwab to identify
efficient and effective methods to meet client goals.
* Be consultative: Recommend appropriate solutions to participants
which align to their goals and promote Schwab growth.
* Build positive relationships: Work in a team based environment
with a diverse group of associates focused on meeting the needs of
the company and participants.
* Have a defined model of success: Participate in our
pay-for-performance culture where employees feel empowered to own
their career with a focus on addressing participants' needs,
personalizing each interaction, and valuing participants and their
What you have
* Validated strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proven passion for helping, servicing and educating others;
strong client-focus and the desire to form relationships during
* Superior listening skills and analyzing account information to
better understand client needs
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in order to
adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines
* Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business
* Adopt mentoring and feedback for continuous improvement
* Bilingual in Spanish a plus
* Active and valid Series 7 & 63 license is beneficial but not
* If you are not licensed and would like to obtain FINRA licenses,
we have outlined a path for you to pursue your career interests
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to
helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their
dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a
multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way
to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower
you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible
package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and
at home-today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace
where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our
policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants without regard to any status that is
protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing
women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require
reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human
Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We
value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected
classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.
Keywords: Charles Schwab, Cedar Park , Customer Service Professional, 401K Department, Austin TX, Hospitality & Tourism , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!