Company: Ross Stores
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger... At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:The Retail Associate is
responsible for ensuring our Customers have a positive shopping
experience. The Associate makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all
Customers in a courteous and friendly manner, treats fellow
Associates with respect, efficiently follows all company best
practice standards as outlined in all work centers, maintains a
clean work area at all times, and ensures proper merchandise
presentation. The Retail Associate is expected to be engaged in
these tasks as assigned during all working hours and will be
expected to perform a range of functions in all areas of the Store
as business needs require. The Associate may be requested to
perform additional tasks in specific situations, if performance of
these tasks will help achieve our Customer service and operational
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and
practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to
create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.
Maintains clutter free, clear egress to emergency exits.
Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices
to Store Leadership.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect and courtesy
is friendly and professional at all times. Recognizes fellow
Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Assists Customers in any way necessary - is register-trained,
assists Customers with merchandise, and answers Customer questions
in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all Customers by
making eye contact, smiling and saying "hello" throughout the Store
as well as saying "thank you" with every register transaction.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to Customers at all
times. Responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all
Customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a member of
the Store Leadership when needed.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting,
wiping counters and mirrors, replenishing restroom supplies, and
disinfecting high-touch areas including the front-end, sales floor
and restrooms to help maintain merchandise, customer and Team
- Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to the
Company's dress code at all times.
- Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting,
wiping counters and mirrors, and replenishing restroom supplies to
help maintain merchandise, customer and Team areas.
- Performs daily assigned sizing and recovery per company best
practice to ensure a neat, clean and organized store that is
well-maintained and efficiently merchandised to standards.
- Expedites newly received merchandise receipts to the sales
floor with a sense of urgency, merchandising all items per company
best practice to the monthly presentation guidelines and
maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments
to assist Customers.
- Understands the Loss Prevention Awareness program, the Shortage
Highway, the Store Protection Specialist (SPS) position (where
applicable), and merchandise protection standards.
- As a representative of Ross Inc., demonstrates integrity and
honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information, and merchandise.
- Follows all Mark-Out-of-Stock (MOS) policies, including the
identification of MOS merchandise, proper processing of each piece
and the notification of Store Leadership to review and approve all
- Follows all policies and procedures concerning cash, check,
charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures.
Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to efficiently perform their
role. Maximizes productivity by executing all Store best practices
and minimizing steps and touches in their work flow.COMPETENCIES:
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability ExecutionQUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL
- Effectively communicate with Customers, Associates and Store
Leadership in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly
used in retail environments.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers
and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb,
carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
- Associates who work Stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly
push, pull and lift more than 20 pounds.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES:NoneDISCLAIMERThis job description is a summary of
the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It
is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of
duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at
management's discretion.Ross is an equal employment opportunity
employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion
according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe
that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to
attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce.
Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex
(which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding),
veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic
partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic
characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other
category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Cedar Park , Retail Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!