Youth Care Worker
Company: New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc.
Posted on: April 2, 2021
The Child Development Specialist meets all basic needs of the
kids and adolescents in care and ensures treatment plans are met.
All New Horizons' Staff are expected to study, practice and operate
within the New Horizons' Philosophy of Keeping Kids First.
Keeping Kids First requires that every decision and action be
motivated by and geared toward meeting the highest need of the
individual kid. New Horizons will not tolerate anyone who is not
committed to keeping kids safe from abuse, neglect and
At New Horizons, we Keep Kids First while providing a safe,
therapeutic and loving environment for children and adolescents who
have experienced immense trauma through abuse, neglect or
exploitation. Our Staff keep our children safe and provide a
home-like environment for them to grow, heal and thrive. The Ranch,
located near Goldthwaite, Texas provides individual, intensive
inpatient treatment programs for boys and girls suffering from
emotional, behavioral and attachment or relationship problems. The
Ranch sits on 150 acres and is home to 70 children, ages 6-17. The
Ranch, has an on-campus accredited charter school, a certified
equine therapy program, a swimming pool, playgrounds, campus lakes,
football and baseball fields, a tennis court, an indoor gym, three
homes and a chapel/activity center.
The full-time, Child Development Specialist is responsible for
implementing and providing comprehensive direct care, supervision
and support to meet the daily physical, mental, emotional,
developmental and social needs of children in crisis, that aligns
with New Horizons' Philosophy, state issued standards of operation
and set ethical codes.
Located in Texas Hill Country in rural setting approximately two
hours northwest of Austin in Goldthwaite, Texas. Successful
candidate will be required to reside in or near the Brownwood or
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping Kids Safe!
- Providing direct supervision and support to a group of kids,
many of whom are experiencing emotional trauma;
- Being a positive role model.
- Planning, supervising and assisting with daily activities for
your assigned group, including meals, hygiene, maintaining of
clothing, personal possessions and living spaces, completing
homework, adhering to treatment plans, completing work activities
and participating in school, community or planned recreational
- Providing a safe, stable and home-like environment;
- Actively participating in the treatment plan of each kid with
guidance and assistance from the Treatment Team;
- Valuing individuality and being invested in each kid by
learning their habits, interests and physical, mental, emotional
and social needs. This includes talking to, playing with,
interacting with and, most importantly, listening to them;
- Building healthy relationships with the kids in care to support
them as they heal and work through their trauma. This also
encourages positive behavior and relational growth;
- Maintaining accurate and complete documentation;
- Completing and implementing necessary trainings as required by
- Transporting kids to school, office appointments, recreational
and social activities; and
- Studying, practicing and operating within the New Horizons'
Philosophy and Employee Handbook.
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older;
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required;
- Applicants must pass criminal background checks, a drug
screening and a tuberculosis test;
- Applicants must adhere to New Horizons' drug and tobacco-free
- Applicants must submit a current Resume and References for
consideration (submit all in one document);
- Applicants must have or be willing to obtain knowledge of the
DFPS Minimum Standards for General Residential Operations;
- Applicants must have insight and understanding of cultural
diversity and have the ability to work with diverse
- Be able to perform conflict resolution or crisis
- Applicants must pass a criminal background check, drug screen,
and tuberculosis screening; and
- Applicants must be strong at multitasking, possess excellent
verbal and written communication skills, work effectively in a high
stress environment with the ability to make logical decisions in
times of crisis and work well in a team and independently.
New Horizons offers:
- A team environment focused on support, accountability and
maintain a safe environment where we Keep Kids First
- 100% Paid Employee Health Insurance Premiums
- Retirement and Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
By submitting your resume and references, you agree to the
- I understand that a background check, a drug screen test and a
TB test are conditions of my employment, and before employment
begins, I must these results on file as well as three (3) character
- I understand I must have at least a Class 'C' Driver's license
and must complete a New Hire information packet.
- If I accept an offer of employment, I hereby authorize New
Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc. to conduct a criminal background
check at any time during my employment with New Horizons Ranch and
Center, Inc. I understand that if a criminal charge is found at any
time, it could result in the termination of employment with New
Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc.
About New Horizons Ranch & Center, Inc.:
- Established in 1971, New Horizons has been assisting kids and
families throughout Texas in our residential treatment facilities,
therapeutic foster homes, and youth and family counseling
- New Horizons' team strives to Keep Kids First in all decision
making and program services in order to help our kids and families
- Our mission is to create an environment where kids, families
and staff can heal and grow through caring relationships,
unconditional love and acceptance.
- For more information, visit
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: New Horizons Ranch and Center, Inc., Cedar Park , Youth Care Worker, Other , Lampasas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!