At Firefly, were helping to create a modern space-based economy
and make space for everyone. Our role is to provide reliable,
inexpensive transportation from the surface of the Earth to the
surface of the Moon and beyond.
Our vehicles require the most reliable, production efficient
fluid components available to achieve this mission. On the fluid
components team, we design valves, actuators, and other components
tailored to the specific needs of our vehicles. Our team of
engineers have cradle-to-grave ownership over the entire product
lifecycle from initial conception through qualification and handoff
to the production team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the design and development of fluid components for current
and future vehicles.
- Work intimately with the propulsion and stage systems teams to
understand the component requirements and realize opportunities for
improvement and optimization.
- Lead design reviews to ensure peer feedback and company best
practices are incorporated into each new design.
- Establish component test plans, conduct testing, and review
test data to ensure the components will perform in the demanding
environment of a launch vehicle.
- Work intimately with the machine shop and integration team to
fabricate and test prototype designs.
- Consolidate and maintain design information for vehicle level
- BS in Aerospace Engineering or related engineering
- 3+ years experience developing mechanical systems
- Exceptional comprehension of engineering fundamentals including
fluid mechanics, heat transfer, structural analysis, materials and
- Strong understanding of fluid systems aspects such as fluids
systems sizing, valve design and operation, instrumentation,
flexible element design & integration and fluid fittings
- Skilled in creating analytical/numerical models of engineering
devices and processes
- Ability to successfully manage complex projects
- Self-motivated with minimum direction required.
- Demonstrated interest in advancing the state-of-the-art in
- Served as a Responsible Engineer for a rocket development
project in a fluids related subsystem
- Component test experience
- Experience with valve and regulator design
- Experience with liquid oxygen or other cryogenic
- Experience modeling fluid networks
- Ability to creatively develop economical solutions.
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace is a U.S. based advanced space technology
developmental organization focusing on the leading edge of space
systems progression. We are committed to providing economical and
convenient access to space for small payloads through the design,
manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles.
If you are great at what you do and would like to work with
people who really want to make a difference, then Firefly is the
place for you.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer;
employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and
qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race,
color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status,
disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally