Company: Firefly Aerospace
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Come be a part of the 21st Century Space Race. At Firefly, we
are focused on the leading edge of space systems progression. Our
company is committed to providing economical and convenient access
to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and
operation of reliable launch vehicles and spacecraft. To get there,
we are looking for incredibly passionate, bright, and determined
people to join our team.
As a Firefly Design Engineer, you will leverage your creative
background and expertise to develop innovative solutions for the
application of space technology. You will work in small,
collaborative groups through all stages of the component and system
design including conceptual and architecture layout, preliminary
design, detail design, fabrication instructions, and liaison shop
support. You will take ownership of your projects and collaborate
with all associated parties to facilitate the design, analysis,
manufacturing, and final integration of components on launch
- Develop new, innovative design concepts for our vehicles,
support structures, and experimental tooling under all disciplines
(composites, metallics, fluid systems, propulsion).
- Collaborate with engineering peers to establish individual task
scope and feasibility.
- Establish and support design reviews to assess progress and
present design rationale to applicable stakeholders.
- Understanding of material properties and selection; iterative
optimization of designs to meet system requirements.
- Create preliminary design analyses using hand calculations and
- Detailed Drafting of part and assembly drawings following
GD&T company drafting standards.
- Use engineering principles and fundamentals to provide novel
solutions for technically challenging problems.
- Demonstrate a willingness to seek creative, new, and different
ways to accomplish outcomes.
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related
- Hands on experience in Mechanical Design.
- Comprehension of design fundamentals including tolerancing,
ASME Standards, ASTM, and GD&T.
- Strong CAD experience in Siemens NX or similar.
- Knowledge of fabrication, welding, machining, and assembly
- Experience in an R&D or Aerospace environment.
- Experience with composites.
- Capable of working in a constantly evolving environment.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure
- Works well on a collaborative and multidisciplinary team.
- Unafraid to speak up and ask questions and capable of drawing
- Recognizes the importance / gravity of project timeline and
- Willingness to learn and operate under non-standard procedures,
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer;
employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and
qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race,
color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status,
disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally
Keywords: Firefly Aerospace, Cedar Park , Design Engineer, Other , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!