GSE Design Engineer
Company: Firefly Aerospace
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Design Engineer, you will
leverage your creative background and expertise to help develop
innovative solutions for the application of space technology. You
will be responsible for designing and implementing ground
infrastructure to support complete ground operations for both test
and launch facilities. You will work in small collaborative groups
through all stages of the component and system design. You will
provide the knowledge and expertise to develop requirements and
integrate with new and existing systems.
- Design and project ownership through activation You will gather
requirements; drive conceptual, preliminary and critical design
reviews; generate CAD and drawings; document all relevant design
information; generate test plans and equipment; and manage
fabrication, assembly and implementation of your system.
- Detailed Drafting of part and assembly drawings following
GD&T company drafting standards.
- Use engineering principles and fundamentals to provide reliable
and manufacturable solutions for technically challenging
- Collaborate with Design, Manufacturing, and Production to
establish individual task scope and feasibility.
- Interface directly with test and launch site engineering to
capture full requirements, gain feedback, and work together during
fabrication and activation.
- Demonstrate a willingness to seek creative, novel, and
different ways to accomplish outcomes.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or
related engineering discipline
- 3+ years of focused, hands on experience in Mechanical &
Structural Design including welded structures and repeatable
- Strong understanding of first-principles in Mechanical and
- Exceptional comprehension of design fundamentals including
tolerancing, ASME Standards, ASTM, and GD&T.
- Must have strong CAD experience, preferably in Siemens
- Knowledge of fabrication, welding, machining and assembly
practices is required.
- Experience in an R&D or Aerospace environment is a
- Willingness to travel in support of GSE activations at multiple
- Demonstrated creation of successful Ground Support Equipment
(GSE) or related structural designs
- Experience in fluid system design (LOx, GN2, LN2, hydraulics,
TEA-TEB, RP1, ..)
- Must be capable of working in a hands-on constantly evolving
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Works well in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment and
able to follow direction.
- Recognize the importance/gravity of the main project.
- Willingness to learn and operate under non-standard
- Motivation to push projects to completion.
- Experience in analysis of steel structures/weldments using
ANSYS or Simcenter.
- Familiarity with AFSPCMAN, AWS, AISC standards related to
ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace is a U.S. based advanced space technology
developmental organization focusing on the leading edge of space
systems progression. We are committed to providing economical and
convenient access to space for small payloads through the design,
manufacture, and operation of reliable launch vehicles.
If you are great at what you do and would like to work with
people who really want to make a difference, then Firefly is the
place for you.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.
1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer;
employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and
qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race,
color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status,
disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally
Keywords: Firefly Aerospace, Cedar Park , GSE Design Engineer, Other , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!