Engineer - Continuous Process Improvement (39748)
Company: Hyllion Holdings
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Hyliion is looking for an Engineer - Continuous Process
Improvement to join our engineering team in Austin. This full-time
position offers the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing
company that is revolutionizing the trucking industry. We are
seeking exceptionally talented individuals that are highly
motivated to revolutionize an industry, reduce the use of fuel and
have some fun. You will be joining an experienced engineering team
in the design, simulation, implementation, and testing of
electrical powertrain systems.
Essential Job Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Develop Hyliion processes to adhere with best industry
- Create RASIC for various Hyliion processes and ensure its
- Investigate new and improved manufacturing methods to reduce
cost and lead time.
- Perform case studies to showcase cost v/s benefit analysis for
- Facilitate meetings between cross functional teams and generate
product requirements and feed forward to design and engineering
- Lead and coordinate Engineering Change Management Process to
maximize resource effectiveness and process efficiency.
- Lead root cause analysis and facilitate implementation of the
interim and permanent corrective action through change management
- Identify scope for improvement in various engineering processes
through various stages of vehicle production and eliminate any
duplication of the activity.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to create process sheets
required for operations and assembly.
- Coordinate cross functional teams to conduct virtual build
activities and obtain consensus on the assembly process.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Know-how of advance product quality planning (APQP),
disciplined problem resolution quality tool sets (8D Methods).
- Know-how of FMEAs, DVP&Rs, PPAP.
- Experience supporting continuous quality improvement activities
in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Understanding of automotive powertrain systems including both
traditional and hybrid
- Understanding of vibration (including modal) and vibration
reduction strategies highly advantageous
- Ability to read, understand and generate electrical
- Self-starter with strong follow-through skills and quality
process control focus
- Ability to communicate verbally effectively and positively and
in writing with customers (internal and external), to address their
needs promptly and to follow through on commitments
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written
- Position will involve travel (10% of time) to visiting
engineering providers and hardware suppliers
- Ability to work well in a high-paced environment, set and meet
- Willingness and ability to work more than 8 hours a day to
ensure that deadlines are achieved.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 2 - 3 Years' Experience
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for
sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and
traditional equipment as found in a typical office
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Hyllion Holdings, Cedar Park , Engineer - Continuous Process Improvement (39748), Other , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!