Compensation & Benefits Specialist (40294)
Company: Hyllion Holdings
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Compensation & Benefits Specialist is responsible for
managing all aspects of Company benefit plans and programs
including vendor management, compliance, project management, and
communication. This role ensures company benefit programs are
consistently administered in compliance with company policies and
government regulations. In addition, the individual will be
responsible for supporting strategic compensation initiatives that
result in the attraction and retention of a talented, highly
engaged, and productive workforce. This position reports to the
Vice President of Human Resources.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Evaluate, benchmark, and market price positions. Analyze
compensation data and recommend salary grades for Executives
- Manage the annual pay planning cycle for the executive level
positions including processes, changes, and execution
- Research, evaluate, and analyze internal and external data
including market trends, best practices, and conduct benchmark
comparison related to executive compensation
- Manage job matching and data submission process for
- Administer Long Term Incentive (LTI) programs
- Works with Finance to ensure accruals are being budgeted
- Manage Tax Liability process for Hyliion employees when LTI
- Education and communication with employees on LTI
- Assists in the preparation of LTI committee materials
- Evaluate, benchmark, and market price jobs. Analyze
compensation data and recommend salary grades for nonexecutive
- Support HR Business Partner with necessary data and guidance to
support attraction and retention of staff during employee
lifecycle, including pay decisions and career development
- Manage the annual pay planning cycle (merit increases and STI
payouts) for nonexecutive Hyliion employees
- Manage job matching and data submission process for
- Ensures company benefit programs are consistently administered
in compliance with company policies and government regulations
through appropriate audits and reports; monitors changes to State
and Federal laws pertaining to benefit plans and programs.
- Collaborates to ensure benefits are properly set up in
- Provides oversight for all employee leaves (FMLA, PLOA, LOA,
Workers Comp, etc.); establishes and monitors systems for
accurately tracking and administering time off and leaves of
- Manages third party relationships including plan
administrators, brokers, carriers, etc.
- Acts as primary contact for plan vendors and employees for
resolution of health and welfare plan questions or issues.
- Lead annual benefit renewal and open enrollment processes
including communication to the organization, organizing benefit
fair events and updating benefit enrollment information.
- Lead benefits onboarding session with new hires.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned
compensation processes (SOPs)
- Provide analytical support on human resources data
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested by management on human
- Other special projects as needed and requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of employment practices, compensation
regulations and best practices
- Strong numerical skills and analytical abilities
- Business acumen partnered with attention to detail
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Ability to read and understand budgets and financial
- Curious and innovative, interested to learn more about new
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- Knowledge of labor laws, such as FLSA, SOX and other federal
and state laws regulating compensation and privacy standards.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all legal, tax and
regulatory issues related to benefits, such as ACA, ERISA, FMLA,
PFL and state and federal regulations.
- Ability to work independently while prioritizing workload
- Flexible and adaptable to work under tight deadlines and/or
- Ability to build strong working relationships within HR and
become a trusted resource that can be relied on for flawless
- Extremely proficient with Internet tools and Excel/Google
Sheets (vlookups, pivot tables, data analysis, charting, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policies and
procedures manuals, job descriptions, and bonus plans
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and
- Ability to organize own work and perform independently
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business administration,
or related field.
- Compensation certification highly preferred
- 5 years of relevant work experience, with a minimum 3 years of
experience in compensation analysis and benefits
- Experience in budgets / working with Finance teams
- Previous vendor management experience including managing to
- Experience in project management with cross teams
- Proven track record in administering benefits programs
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized on an
unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee
or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Hyliion does not
anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this
position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for
sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly
for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word; those activities where detailed or important spoken
instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly,
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking
levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive
detailed information through oral communication and making fine
discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of
the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection
involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines
(including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly
or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and
traditional equipment as found in a typical office
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
Keywords: Hyllion Holdings, Cedar Park , Compensation & Benefits Specialist (40294), Other , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!