At NOV Wellbore Technologies we know that our greatest asset is
our employees. Wellbore Technologies develops the equipment,
technologies, and services necessary to maximize the efficiency and
economics of oil and gas wells. At NOV, we power the industry that
powers the world.
NOV is currently recruiting for an Assembler to join our team at
our facility in Cedar Park, TX. The successful candidate will
assemble, install, modify and test mechanical and/or hydraulic
pneumatic systems and components.
- Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly
prints, and schematics.
- Operate machines or use hand tools and power tools to secure
parts in place.
- Install finished assemblies or subassemblies.
- Assemble and attach functional and cosmetic hardware to
assemblies using hand tools and
- power tools.
- Perform functional / continuity tests on completed
- May prioritize work based on production schedule.
- Perform the assembly, start up, and function test of equipment
- Troubleshoot systems, make necessary repairs and any
corrections to system.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all Safety, Quality, and Security guidelines and report
any instances where they are not being followed to department
supervisor or lead.
- Provide quotes for Repair Orders.
- Collaborate new product manufacturing with Supervisor &
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or equivalent Military experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the field or in a related
- Assembly personnel must be able to recognize all colors within
the visible spectrum to recognize various wiring and labeling
- Assembly personnel must assemble and install electrical,
electronic, mechanical, or hydraulic pneumatic components.
- Assembly personnel must be able to clearly recognize a text
height of .0540" on blueprints and work instructions.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Good soldering and wiring skills as well as demonstrating good
working knowledge of mechanical principles.
- Team Oriented
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to
include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors,
work boots, and hardhats.
- Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Standing over 65% of the time
- Some Overtime needed
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Typically reports to a supervisor/manager
Every day, the oil and gas industry's best minds put more than
150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of
drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the
technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support
necessary for success-now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as
one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers,
and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and
service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers
the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers' needs and work with
them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on
Within NOV Wellbore Technologies, we enhance drilling
performance at the rig, both on land and offshore. We understand
the complete process and anticipate what our customers need to be