Company: Nexion Health
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Nexion affiliates operate 53 skilled nursing and rehabilitation
as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana,
Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and
assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by
their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is
reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family
member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Interviews, hires, and trains associates.
- Manages employee work schedules and approves hours worked.
- Trains, counsels, and developments team.
- Acts as facility manager on duty in absence of higher-ranking
- Uses independent judgment and discretion on behalf of the
organization in the performance of these duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes and updates the nutrition screening, assessment and
diet history as part of the comprehensive assessment process.
Refers new residents (if required) and all residents with
nutritional risk to dietitian for evaluation.
- Interviews residents, family members, legal representatives and
significant others to obtain and update information needed to
develop individualized plans of care to promote residents' rights
and accommodate individual needs and preferences
- Participates with the interdisciplinary team to develop,
implements and evaluates plans of care. attends care conferences.
communicates resident concerns and interventions to
interdisciplinary team members, the Dietitian and direct care
- Documents subjective findings, objective symptoms, observations
of behavior, interventions provided to resident and residents'
responses to dietary interventions in the clinical record.
- Cooperates with other departments to identify and accommodate
individual choices, preferences and customary routines regarding
- Assist the dietitian with planning menus that meet the
nutritional needs in accordance with recommended dietary allowance
and state and federal regulations.
- Verifies resident information regarding new admissions, diet
order changes and daily census.
- Conducts regular meal observations, reviews records, and
interviews staff. If resident's nutritional status is poor, adjusts
menus to meet caloric and nutritious needs of the resident.
- Refers complex issues to dietitian for assessment and
- Supervises food preparation using techniques that conserve
nutritional value, appearance.
- Organizes food preparation and service to ensure food is served
to residents' scheduled time frames.
- Provides for food alternatives of similar nutritional value for
residents who refused food served.
- Orders food economically and efficiently from sources approved
by federal, state and local authorities.
- Maintains sufficient inventory of food and supplies.
Establishes effective system of inventory and secure storage
- Ensures that food is received, stored, prepared, held and
served under sanitary conditions to prevent the transmission of
food borne illness.
- Completes and maintains all Food and Nutrition Services
Department records including administrative statistics on number of
meals served, food costs, menus and repairs.
- Supervises trash and waste disposal in compliance with state
and federal requires.
- Inspects for any signs of rodent or pests. Report findings to
- Participates in long term care survey process. Instructs staff
in matters of disclosure. Maintains a presence at all times while
surveyors are on-site and timely collection of information required
by the survey team. Identifies problems and undertakes corrective
action while survey is in progress, if appropriate. Works with the
dietitian and administration to develop survey responses, as
- Works with the dietitian to develop and update Food and
Nutrition Services I policies that reflect the philosophy and
mission of the company, facility and professional standards of
nutrition and sanitation.
- Participates in the department budget development.
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to the
Administrator with regard to resident food and nutrition services,
personnel and budget issues.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion or current enrollment in course approved
by the Dietary Managers Association.
- Prefer one year supervised food service experience in an
institutional setting focusing on planning, preparing and servicing
regular and therapeutic diets.
Keywords: Nexion Health, Cedar Park , Dietary Manager, Other , Lampasas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!