Do you have the career opportunities as a Critical Care
Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join St. David’s Austin Market Float Pool
that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s HealthCare we want to ensure your needs are met.
We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Student Loan Repayment Program
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated ICU Registered Nurses like
you to be a part of our team.
What you will do in this role:
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Critical Care Austin Market
Float Pool, you will be responsible for performing patient
assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating
care. You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and
evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the
Austin Market Float Pool (AMFP) employees are required to float
to all St. David’s HealthCare System Facilities. AMFP nurses will
be scheduled in units in which they have competencies and can be
placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified
- You will perform and document patient assessments at the time
of the admission
- You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans,
revise the plans based on the patients’ response to treatment and
regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
- You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and
- You will provide educational materials to patients and families
on care and treatments
- You will administer medications and complete treatments
according to hospital policy
- You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV
fluids and IV medications
- You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders
are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other
departments are notified of orders and services
- You will notify the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes in
- You will provide accurate and relevant patient information
reports to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
What qualifications you will need:
- 2 years of nursing experience in an Intensive Care Unit
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) from accredited Nursing
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse license or Compact
Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must
be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s Healthcare
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS)
certification required per St. David’s Healthcare Policy – within
60 days of hire
- Completion of Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing (CATN) OR
Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) Certification within 1 year of
With more than 130 sites across Central Texas, St. David’s
HealthCare includes eight of the area’s leading hospitals with over
1500 beds and is one of the largest health systems in Texas. The
organization was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National
Quality Award—the nation’s highest presidential honor for
performance excellence—in 2014. St. David’s HealthCare is the
third-largest private employer in the Austin area, with more than
St. David’s HealthCare is a unique partnership between hospital
management company HCA and two local non-profits—St. David’s
Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. The proceeds from the
operations of the hospitals fund the foundations, which, in turn,
invest those dollars back into the community. Since the inception
of St. David’s HealthCare in 1996, more than $269 million have been
given back to the community to improve the health and healthcare of
people in Central Texas.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Market Float
Pool ICU RN opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.