Do you have the career opportunities as a Inpatient
Rehab Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s North Austin
Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we want to
ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive
medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay
based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
The St. David’s HealthCare Registered Nurse (SDHRN) fulfills an
important role as a central patient care provider responsible for
the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As
a full partner of the healthcare team, the SDHRN collaborates with
all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of
the patient’s plan-of-care. The SDHRN utilizes physical assessment
skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment
of the patient’s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed,
synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The
SDHRN continues to monitor and assess the patient’s physical
condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the
plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the
patient and facility outcomes. Participates in providing
patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service
excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient
- Reviews patient's history prior to beginning physical
assessment and incorporates findings into the exam.
- Performs physical patient assessments/reassessments on a
regular basis in accordance department
standards. Pertinent data is collected using appropriate
- Incorporates available technology to aid in physical
- Prioritizes data collection by assessing the patient’s
immediate condition or needs.
- Is able to discern critical findings and timely communicates
changes in the patient’s condition to the appropriate patient care
- Data collection is inclusive of the patient, significant others
and health care providers when appropriate.
- The data collection process is systematic and ongoing.
- Considers the developmental goals for infant, toddler,
preschool, school age, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients
during the assessment of patients.
- Assesses patient/family learning needs, including any
tasks that the patient can or cannot accomplish as related to his
or her current health problem. Consideration of age, cultural
values, religious beliefs, emotional barriers, desire and
motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitation, and
language barriers, as indicated.
- Assesses for signs of abuse and neglect. Documents findings and
reports as appropriate when required.
- Develops patient centered nursing diagnoses.
- Nursing diagnoses are derived from the assessment
- Assists in the completion of diagnostic testing as ordered by
the medical team and other health care providers.
- In collaboration with interdisciplinary members of the
team, formulates a plan of care including expected outcomes for
each patient based on diagnoses derived from patient
- Prescribes appropriate nursing care to meet the goals, as
well as the physical, psychological, psychosocial, emotional, and
social needs of the patient.
- Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span to identify patient and family
requirements relative to age-specific needs
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and set
- The plan is individualized to the patient’s condition, age or
- The plan incorporates the discharge planning process at
time of development.
- The plan is developed with the patient, significant others, and
health care providers, when appropriate.
- The plan reflects current nursing practice.
- The plan is documented.
- The plan provides for continuity of care.
- The plan is appropriate to the patient’s age, developmental
age, educational needs, and family/guardian expectations as related
to the diagnosis.
- Coordinates and participates in providing direct patient
You contribute to our success. Every role has an
impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make
a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Inpatient Rehab
Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s
HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility
dedicated to the highest level of women’s health services,
including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III
nurseries at the adjacent St.
David’s Women’s Center of Texas. The facility also features a
24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute
for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and Vascular
Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program,
inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and outpatient
rehabilitation, among many others. St. David’s North Austin
Medical Center is also home to St. David’s
Children’s Hospital. St. David’s
Surgical Hospital, which opened in October 2016, is a campus of
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named
a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010.
In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides
satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our
Inpatient Rehab Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education and Experience:
Graduate from an accredited nursing program or current
enrollment in an Alternative Entry MSN program
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree; minimum of one year
experience in Staff RN or charge role
Licenses and Certificates:
Required: Current Texas RN License or a
Compact RN license from a NCLA Compact State.
New hires have 90 days from start date to obtain
Texas RN License; BCLS certification as per SDH policy