Ready Mix Operations Specialist
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job ID: - 401059Texas Materials -is a locally-based construction
company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company,
the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North
America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based
network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
-Position OverviewSupport operations and quality control with
regular checks at plants and facilities. Develop and maintain
relationships with key customers, facility managers, DOT personnel,
State, County, and Municipal personnel. - Develop and maintain
relationships with material suppliers. The Operations Specialist
will assist with daily jobsite visits and testing concrete at
laboratory.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Create an attitude of Safety, contribute to the safe operation
of the department; maintain a safe, clean work area
- Assist with daily jobsite visits assuring jobsite safety for
employees and quality standards are followed
- Jobsite observation reports and quality assurance testing, as
- Support operations and quality control with regular checks at
plants and facilities
- Assist with testing concrete at laboratory using accepted
methods to inspect, sample, and test materials for the purpose of
- Respond to driver needs on jobsites
- Follow quality control plans and guidelines as assigned.
- At point of delivery, spot checks sample physical properties as
above and discuss necessary adjustments in batch weights with
Manager, plus observes workability, finish ability, and
contractor's use or misuse of product.
- Performs on-site surveys of fleets and facilities producing
products so as to be able to identify delivery problems and
- Prepare and record accurate information; maintain test results
database./ Keeps a written daily log of activities and
- Serve as a liaison between all departments, as needed.
- Follow directions of the manager as to daily tasks and
expectations for each specific duty.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment
for the task.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for
safe working procedures.
- Develops and maintains appropriate working relationship so that
individuals will be able to inform Distribution, Production and/or
Sales of conditions that could adversely affect good, efficient
delivery service and take necessary action to correct the
- Investigates and reports complaints pertaining to quantity,
quality, or performance.
- Writes job inspection reports when required.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is
- Other duties as may be assigned. Qualifications
- Minimum or high school diploma or general education degree
- ACI Field Grade I Testing Technician
- ACI Aggregate or Laboratory Certification; NRMCA Certification
is a plus
- Experience in the collection, testing and reporting of concrete
and/or aggregate samples.
- Must obtain and maintain DOT certifications required to test
concrete as required by state regulations.
- Five years of experience in a related field is preferred.Work
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Must be able to provide valid documentation for Form I-9.
- Must have strict adherence to safety requirements and
procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and assist
co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have valid driver's license and meet the qualifications of
the fleet safety program.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by
OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but
not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard
toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA
- Must know and understand all DOT regulations, such as sampling
frequency, sampling methods, graduation requirements, quality
- Working knowledge of ACI, ASTM, DOT and Regional standards and
- Knowledge of concrete computer programs such as CommandQC and
- Knowledge of the aggregate and concrete manufacturing
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams
as both a leader and a participant.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building
rapport, listening, presenting, giving, and receiving
- Must be able to perform simple mathematic calculations.
- Highly motivated to learn all aspects of all departments.
- Must have or acquire basic computer skills and be able to work
with e-mail and simple spreadsheets.Physical RequirementsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate
objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance,
peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to hold weights of 5-10lbs in a stretched arm
position for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs (minimum) on a repetitive
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed. - -
- Job hazards include exposure to dust, noise, fumes, and all
weather conditions. The statements included in this job description
are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They represent typical
elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. -
Other duties may be assigned as required. - Requirements for this
job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees,
and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Texas Materials, a CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Cedar Park , Ready Mix Operations Specialist, Other , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!