Electronic/Mechanical Assembler, Night Shift
Company: NOV, Inc.
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: May 27, 2023
NOV Wellbore Technologies is seeking an Electro/Mechanical
Assembler to work our weeknight shift for our facility located in
Cedar Park, TX. The successful candidate will be detailed oriented
in mechanical assembly. Able to perform tasks associated with
preparing, handling, and testing assemblies. Accurately documents
all work performed. Responsibilities also include light
housekeeping within work area and equipment maintenance. Applies
some advanced skills, duties and tasks. Resolves most problems and
refers only more complex issues to higher levels. Works under
- Read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly
drawings, and schematics.
- Assemble and install either electrical, electronic, mechanical,
or hydraulic pneumatic components.
- Operate machines or use hand tools and power tools to secure
parts in place.
- Install finished assemblies or subassemblies.
- Assemble and attach functional and cosmetic hardware to
assemblies using hand tools and power tools.
- Operate manual lathe and verify drill depths using
- Perform functional / continuity tests on completed
- May prioritize work based on production schedule.
- Perform the assembly, start up, and function test of equipment
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
- Assembles armored coax cable, coil assembly and other
- Prepares materials for production: cutting, swaging, drawing,
straightening, manual lathe drill out, and pneumatic flaring.
- Prepares materials for production: cleaning, spot welding, heat
shrinking, handles two-part potting material for molding, silicon
adhesives, lubricants, and flammable chemicals.
- Cross-trains using related duties for use in other production
areas as needed.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized working environment
using 5S principles
- Promotes and maintains single piece flow production.
- Supports and implements production improvement
- Keeps meticulously exact quality documentation (Work Orders,
Travelers, Process Data, Test Results, etc.).
- Responsible for quality control. Adjust as necessary to produce
product within specifications. Reject product outside of
- Perform 5S on production line work areas
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job
Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned. EDUCATION &
- High school diploma or equivalent education (i.e. GED)
- Specialized training in industrial production setting.
- At least 6 months of previous experience in single piece flow
assembly production lines recommended. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and
- Basic Math Skills.
- Basic Inspection Knowledge.
- Experience using MS Office.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and
Material Requirement Planning (MRP) systems such as JDE, Oracle or
similar in a production environment, recommended.
- Firm understanding of lean manufacturing and 5S
- Good understanding of quality control principles; experience
applying procedures for detailed documentation of work orders,
travelers, process data, test results, etc.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and
- Assembly personnel must be able to clearly recognize a Text
Height of .0540" on blueprints and work instructions.
- Assembly personnel must be able to recognize all colors within
the visible spectrum in order to recognize various wiring and
labeling specifications BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Excellence-have pride in your work and your work area.
- Team Oriented-help the team achieve the common goal.
- Integrity-Own your mistakes and learn from them.
- Respectful-Treat everyone with respect.
- Hardworking-Self motivate and look for "what's next"
- Dependable-Be reliable, show up to work, ready to work. WORKING
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing
- Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to
include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors,
work boots, and hardhats.
- Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
- Standing 75% of the time
- Some Overtime needed
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Typically reports to a supervisor/manager
Keywords: NOV, Inc., Cedar Park , Electronic/Mechanical Assembler, Night Shift, Other , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...