Industrial Maintenance/CNC Mechanic - Cedar Park, TX
Company: National Oilwell Varco
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: June 25, 2020
At National Oilwell Varco (NOV) we know that our greatest asset
is our employees. NOV is a worldwide leader in the design,
manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil & gas
drilling and production, the provision of oilfield inspection and
other services, and supply chain integration services to the
upstream oil and gas industry. In addition to the career
opportunities, NOV offers very competitive benefits. We seek
dedicated individuals who want to turn their professional ambitions
into personal achievements.
As the Industrial Maintenance/CNC Mechanic, you will safely
maintain and repair equipment in a condition that permits the
efficient fabrication of products to meet production goals. The
Technician must possess skills of an all-around handyman. Carry out
general maintenance responsibilities, including, but not limited
to: major machine repairs and equipment preventative
Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and facilities.
Equipment will include:
- Production CNC machines, saws, welding equipment, product
testing apparatus (electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic)
- Mechanical equipment including cranes, doors, plumbing, HVAC
- Perform preventive maintenance duties that detect early signs
of failure or maladjustment.
- Communicate with operators, vendors and other contacts to
ensure production readiness of machines.
- Work from machine design drawings, specifications and
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and
Facility Specific Responsibilities:
- General and preventative maintenance of CNC machining and
- Maintain and repair facilities and production systems
including: hydraulic presses, HVAC, electrical, plumbing,
compressors, welding and/or lighting.
- Oversee equipment installations and moves.
- Support installation of communication equipment and facility
- Utilize project management skills to plan and implement
facilities and production related improvements.
- General facilities upkeep and remodeling.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Preferred, AS degree in a mechanical program
(e.g., automotive tech, diesel equipment, facilities maintenance,
- Preferred, 3 years of experience in HVAC diagnostic
- Experience in the troubleshooting and
preventative maintenance of CNC mills and lathes.
- Blueprint reading and interpretation of
- Basic electrical and math knowledge.
- Experience with precision hand tools and
- Must be able to lift to 40 lbs.
Keywords: National Oilwell Varco, Cedar Park , Industrial Maintenance/CNC Mechanic - Cedar Park, TX, Professions , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!