Electro/Mechanical Manufacturing Technician
Company: NOV, Inc.
Location: Cedar Park
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At NOV Wellbore Technology we know that our greatest asset is our
employees. NOV is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and
sale of equipment and components used in oil & gas drilling and
production, the provision of oilfield inspection and other
services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil
and gas industry. In addition to the career opportunities, NOV
offers very competitive benefits. We seek dedicated individuals who
want to turn their professional ambitions into personal
achievements. At NOV, we power the industry that powers the
The Electro-Mechanical Technician will perform tasks associated
with the manufacture and repair of strain gauge-based tension,
compression, pressure sensors, collar-based downhole tools that
measure vibration, load, pressure, bending and rotation. Technician
will assemble, install, modify, test, and maintain electrical,
electronic, mechanical, and preferred software to the component
level. Key tasks include trouble shooting, root cause analysis, and
corrective actions on electronic product/equipment when needed.
Analysis of root cause is critical to the success of this position.
Technician will apply advanced skills in mechanical and electronic
assembly, test, calibration, repair, maintenance, upgrades to
existing equipment and accurately documenting all work performed.
Resolves most problems and escalates only more complex issues to
higher levels. Works under typical manufacturing time constraints
and under minimal supervision.
- Read and interpret work instructions, assembly drawings, wiring
diagrams and schematics.
- Interpret and analyze test data to determine pass / fail status
or troubleshoot sensors and tools
- Assemble, wire, test, calibrate, trouble-shoot and repair
strain-gauge based electro-mechanical sensors and collar-based
downhole tools in a time constrained manufacturing environment
- Operate machines or use hand tools and power tools to secure
parts in place.
- Mount components and assemblies on panel or printed circuit
boards and connect component lead wires to printed circuits or
routes and connect wires between individual component leads and
other components using advanced soldering and crimping skills.
- Install finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases,
cabinets, or chassis.
- Assemble and attach functional and cosmetic hardware to
assemblies using hand tools and power tools.
- Perform assignments under minimal supervision
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and
Education and Qualifications
- Formal Electronics training: Associates Degree in Electronics
Technology, related field, or equivalent military or relevant
experience - required
- A high school diploma or equivalent - required
- J-STD-001A Certified preferred
- Demonstrable working knowledge of bench power supplies,
hand-held meters, and other test equipment - required
- Experience with all types of hand tools such as: hammers,
screwdrivers, wrenches, wire strippers, etc. - required
- Experience applying procedures for detailed documentation of
work orders, travelers, process data, test results, etc. -
- Relevant soldering and wiring skills as well as demonstrate a
working knowledge of mechanical principles - required
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills -
- Relevant experience reading and understanding electronic
schematics and assembly drawings - required
- Wiliness to actively participate in quality improvement
initiatives and provides feedback to management - required
- Must be able to stand, sit, bend, and reach particularly for
sustained periods of time
- Able to operate a computer and other office machinery using
finger dexterity for typing and writing
- Must be able to communicate, converse with, and exchange
information by means of the spoken and written word
- Must be able to lift 25lbs to shoulder height.
- Able to perform light physical effort to lift or move materials
up to 40 pounds
- Visual acuity to view a computer screen
- Team Oriented
Keywords: NOV, Inc., Cedar Park , Electro/Mechanical Manufacturing Technician, Professions , Cedar Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!